Importing and Registering a Foreign Vehicle
Importing a car from abroad? Find out how to register it with the authorities in Cyprus…
The importing of a vehicle to Cyprus falls into four broad categories that may overlap:
- Temporary importation. Usually applies to visitors to Cyprus
- Long-term importation. Usually applies to new residents. Only long-term imports must be registered in Cyprus
- Duty paid
- Duty free. Applies only under certain conditions
The Customs and Excise Department website has more information, in English, on how to bring a car to Cyprus either from an EU country or a non-EU country for long-term or temporary use:
- Importing a private car to the Republic of Cyprus
Importing a Classic Car
Procedures are different for long-term importation of classic automobiles to Cyprus.
- Details from the Ministry of Finance website on importing a classic car to Cyprus.